As winter progresses, we know it brings ever changing conditions with ice, snow, sleet and bitter cold temperatures. Here are some tips to keep in mind for your forklifts and their operators:
- Operator attire – keep your drivers safe, healthy and warm with winter work boots, gloves, hats, and winter safety jackets and pants
- Block heater – if you leave your machine outside ensure your block heater works and is plugged in over night and when not in use for long periods of time
- Tires – check your tire pressure, make sure it’s adjusted for the temperature change, check the tire grip, consider installing tire chains
- Preventative maintenance – check your antifreeze condition and levels and make sure your machines are lubricated
- Lights – it gets darker earlier this time of year, ensure your lights are working properly and provide enough light for the operator to maneuver safely
- Slow down – use extra caution and be prepared for unexpected black ice
- Keep your lots clean and sanded. Reduce the amount of salt you use!
Stay safe this winter!