Forklift and MEWP Training and Certification in Kitchener, Ontario
- Current regulations on operator training
- Fundamentals of the equipment design and functionality
- Pre-use inspection and hazard analysis
- Guidelines on the safe and efficient operation of the equipment
- Working around pedestrians and other workers at the job site
- Parking best practices and fuel type
- Written exam
- Performing pre-operational checks in real-time
- Learning maneuvering controls
- Learning about attachment controls
- Loading and unloading safe practices
- Fuel handling techniques
- Driving skill test
- Practical assessment for all elements of learning
Flexibility that Works with Your Schedule – Online and In-Class Training Available
Getting a forklift or MEWP license in Kitchener, Ontario has never been more convenient. Provincial Lift Truck offers training courses in a classroom environment, as well as online. Whether you are starting a new career or just updating your existing skill set, we can help!
- In-class training: Our in-class training schedule offers numerous training courses for a variety of equipment. From forklifts and MEWPs to Telehandlers, we offer the best quality training to provide you with the right tools for the job. Our in-class training is a combination of theoretical and practical work on the machines. All the training courses include general coverage of safety topics to ensure every certified operator is educated in safety best practices.
- Blended training courses: Update your skills without being overwhelmed by a busy schedule with a blended training format. This type of training offers you the flexibility to complete the reading part remotely from anywhere on your device and then get practical training with an instructor. It combines the elements of online and in-class training and helps save time without compromising learning.
- Online training: Our wide range of more than 100 safety and equipment training courses are available online to meet your needs. In most places, however, online equipment training is followed by a practical assessment to reinforce safe operating practices.
Our courses are designed to get operators certified in compliance with local regulations for training standards.
Whether you are an individual or an organization, we understand the challenges of being on a tight work schedule. Our online safety courses and blended training courses offer the same value as in-class courses. Our in-class training courses are offered in partnership with Leavitt Machinery. Click the link provided below to see the available slots for different online training courses. To book in-class courses, call our training representative at 1-866-291-3322.
Highlights of Our Training Courses
The highlight of learning from Provincial Lift Truck is that all our courses comply with the Canadian Standards Association and the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Labor. Our lift truck training course is designed as per the guidelines in the CSA B355-15 standard for training the operators. Some jurisdictions may reference old publications of the CSA standards including B335-94, B335-04 which may also require an interim evaluation of skills at 18 months or retraining at 2-year intervals, please contact our office for interim evaluation options.
Operators are provided with learning material and a certificate of completion for their records after successful completion of written and practical assessments.
Operators also receive their digital certificate of completion for printing or safekeeping.
Contact our training team for more information on forklift and MEWP training courses available in Kitchener, Ontario.